Parkinson’s Wellness – Exercise & Parkinson’s – Freehold, NJ – Monmouth County
The Parkinson’s Wellness Program consists of supervised exercise and group support designed to help you improve your function, quality of life and more effectively manage symptoms commonly associated with Parkinson’s disease, such as stiffness, immobility and gait abnormalities.
Each exercise program is based upon your individual needs and goals while utilizing the most current evidence regarding the most effective ways to train and condition persons with Parkinson’s disease. The program can be customized to those who walk independently, need a cane or rely on a wheelchair for mobility. This program is not currently covered by health insurance.
Potential Health Benefits of the Parkinson’s Wellness Program include:
- Improved muscular strength and endurance
- Improved flexibility
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Improved gait and self-selected walking speed
- Improved balance
- Decreased risk of falls
- Improved sense of well-being
What does the Parkinson’s Wellness Program include?
- Customized eight week wellness program based upon your individual needs and goals
- Two supervised exercise sessions per week
- One balance & movement class per week
- Educational sessions
- Support throughout your entire personal journey
The staff who support the Parkinson’s Wellness Program will create your exercise program in partnership with your Healthcare Team, which may include: physicians, nurses, physical therapists, Parkinson’s Wellness Program coordinators, and exercise professionals.
Please contact us at 732-812-0825 or fill out our form for more information:
All inquiries will be returned within 24 hours.